Ojai, California is a hidden gem characterized by small-town values nestled in the lovely Ojai Valley region of Ventura. Although this small city is within easy driving distance of the larger business districts that make up most of Southern California, Ojai feels like a completely different world. The eclectic mix of musicians, artists, and health enthusiasts that make up a large portion of this part of the state prefer to call their home a village. With a population of only about 8,000 residents, this designation is more than appropriate.
Of course, no one should choose a home based on the price of the home alone. Here are a few reasons why you should move to Ojai:
• Great Schools and Low Crime Rates
• Affordable Homes in a Close-Knit Community
• Temperate Climate and Beautiful Scenery
• Quiet Area but Close to More Vibrant Cities
• Artistic and Cultural Center
• Top-Rated Championship Golf Courses
• Home to Numerous Award-Winning Restaurants
• Enjoy Lake Casitas and Numerous Public Parks
• Close Proximity to the Pacific Ocean, Los Padres National Forest, and the Channel Islands National Park
In this quiet, little town, you can easily find a property on the Ojai real estate market that will instantly feel like your forever home and fit your budget perfectly. As you settle in, put down some roots, and become part of this friendly community, you’ll often forget that you’re within minutes of big cities like Santa Barbara and Los Angeles. By settling in Ojai, you can have it all!
Although home prices in Ojai haven’t completely recovered from the real estate plummet of a few years ago, prices have stabilized for the most part. At this time, the average price for a home in Ojai, CA amounts to an affordable $305 per square foot. While the relatively-low prices aren’t the perfect scenario for sellers, this current situation means that home buyers are presented with a number of bargains and a large selection of properties to choose from. If you’re looking for a quaint area that offers a buyer’s market, you can’t afford to pass up a chance to view the homes of Ojai.